- 2 cups mashed potatoes (I made mine fresh, but you can use leftovers)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup diced bacon (optional)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Sour cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 180 C. Grease a mini muffin pan really well.
- Whisk together the mashed potatoes, eggs, Cheddar cheese, chives and bacon. Season if necessary, depending on the seasoning of the original mashed potatoes.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pans. Sprinkle the tops with Parmesan cheese and bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and gently release with a spoon or knife. Serve immediately with sour cream.
- I made mashed potatoes by mashing boiled potatoes with butter and milk, and seasoning well.
- You can use bigger muffin pans if you want, just increase the cooking time.