Sunday, March 15, 2015

Easy Oven Roasted Parmesan Potatoes


Sliced Potato Parmesan bake
Here’s to our new favorite way to serve potatoes…..Oven Roasted Parmesan Potatoes!
The first thing you do is wash, dry (it’s important that the potatoes are dry) and thinly slice the potatoes.  Once you do that, place them in a shallow dish that has been sprayed with Pam.  I kept my slices together because I thought it made them look prettier when placed in the dish.
Once the potatoes are placed in the dish the fun begins.  I generously sprinkled them with salt.  I also sprinkled a little course sea salt on them as well as the table salt.  Add some pepper – I used black pepper but crushed red pepper would be good as well.  After that I gave them some fresh rosemary and Italian seasoning love.  Be as generous as you like.  Follow that seasoning with about a 1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese and 1/4 cup of minced onion.  Now, layer on the 3 chopped/minced cloves of fresh garlic.
The last step is …..squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon and drizzle Olive Oil over the potatoes.  You can be the judge of how much you use.  I always try to keep the calories down but you don’t want them to be dry either.  I put some on and then about 1/2 way through cooking I added a little more to moisten them up and allow for the crispiness to develop.  If the potatoes start to get too crispy before they are all the way done, cover them with foil for the remainder of the cooking time.  I cooked them at 450 degrees for about an hour.  It’s best to check them every 20 minutes or so.
Garnish with fresh rosemary and enjoy.  This is sooooooooo easy and looks so pretty.
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment