1/2 cup (125 mL) reduced-sodium chicken stock
1/4 cup (50 mL) oyster sauce
1 tbsp (15 mL) less-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
2 tsp (10 mL) rice vinegar or white vinegar
2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
1/4 - 1/2 tsp (1 - 2 mL) hot pepper flakes
227 g whole wheat vermicelli
1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
1 tbsp (15 mL) grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb (500 g) chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
1 pkg (500 g) Green Giant* VALLEY SELECTIONS* California Mix
1 can (8 oz/227 g) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 medium mango, cubed
• In small bowl whisk all sauce ingredients; set aside.
• Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
• Meanwhile, heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger root.
• Add chicken and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink in centre.
• Add onion, frozen vegetables and water chestnuts; cover and cook until vegetables are heated through.
• Add sauce, bring to boil, reduce heat and stir in mango. Serve over noodles.