This refreshing Indian yogurt sauce is great served with spicy foods (such as curried lentils) as a palate cooler. Or tuck some into a falafel-filled pita, or spoon it over grains, vegetable croquettes and grilled vegetables. Store raita in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 8-oz. carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, seeded, peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, and mix well. Season to taste with salt, if desired. Serve right away, or chill.
Per 1/4-CUP SERVING: Calories: 31, Protein: 3g, Total fat: 5g, Saturated fat: g, Carbs: 4g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Sodium: 35mg, Fiber: g, Sugars: 3g