Ricotta cheese and double the egg whites make this frittata especially fluffy.
• 4 whole eggs plus 4 whites
• 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
• 2 Tbs. olive oil
• 1 lb. asparagus, hard stems removed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
• 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Whisk together eggs, egg whites and ricotta in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and 2 Tbs. water, and season with salt. Cover, and cook 4 minutes, or until asparagus has softened. Uncover, raise heat to medium high and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, or until liquid has evaporated and asparagus is crispy, stirring constantly.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Pour egg mixture over asparagus. Cook 5 minutes, or until eggs begin to set around sides. Sprinkle Parmesan over top, and transfer to oven. Bake 15 minutes, or until frittata is set. Slide out of skillet, and slice into 6 wedges.
Per SERVING: Calories: 196, Protein: 15g, Total fat: 13g, Saturated fat: 5g, Carbs: 4g, Cholesterol: 160mg, Sodium: 480mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 1g